LBGTIQ & Allies Task Force
To encourage improved and more inclusive services to lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, intersex, and queer/questioning (LBGTIQ) survivors, and to provide a supportive and inclusive working environment for LBGTIQ & A service provider staff and volunteers, the LBGTIQ & Allies Task Force will:
- As part of the MCEDSV, enhance and increase access to advocacy and services for lesbians, bisexuals, gay men, and transgender individuals who are survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Help develop more supportive and inclusive working environments for LBGTIQ service providers
- Provide education to member agencies and the public‐at large on issues related to heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia as they relate to the unique dynamics of LBGTIQ domestic and sexual violence
- Work to affect positive social change in the LBGTIQ community and the domestic and sexual violence movement(s).
- Confront heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia in the movement and in member agencies
To learn more about the work of the LBGTIQ and Allies Task Force, please contact MCEDSV at 517-347-7000.
For more information on supporting LBGTIQ survivors of domestic or sexual violence, please use the links below and visit the Resources Section of this website.