Training and Resource Coordinator
Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence Position Description: Training and Resource Coordinator
MCEDSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state's survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan.
MCEDSV is Michigan's catalyst for creating empowered and transformed individuals, communities, and societies committed to building a lasting legacy of equality, peace and social justice, where domestic and sexual violence no longer exists.
MCEDS is launching a statewide sexual assault hotline. We are looking for a Hotline Coordinator who will schedule hotline staff, act as a liaison with member programs and provide warm referrals to survivors of sexual assault as needed as within the bounds of confidentiality to member programs. The Hotline Coordinator would troubleshoot any problems that arise between the hotline, member programs and services to survivors. Additionally, they would conduct outreach to service provider, coordinate the advisory board and assist the Hotline Director and Manager in the implementation of the hotline. Ideal candidates must be willing to take hotline shifts, if necessary, and be willing to provide coverage if the need arises.
- Prior experience serving survivors of violence.
- Understanding of intersectionality, trauma informed and survivor centered service delivery models.
- Experience working on a hotline.
- The candidate will have a demonstrated passion and commitment to social justice.
- The candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing, and well-developed analytical and computer skills.
- The candidate must be willing to spend the first two months of hire in training in classroom.
- BA required.
Full time: $55,000 (DOE)
Minority, Transgender, LGBT and non-traditional candidates are encouraged to apply.