Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence Position Description:
MCEDSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state's survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan.
MCEDSV is Michigan's catalyst for creating empowered and transformed individuals, communities, and societies committed to building a lasting legacy of equality, peace and social justice, where domestic and sexual violence no longer exists.
I. Position overview:
MCEDSV is launching a statewide sexual assault hotline and is hiring full and part time hotline staff. The right candidate will provide support, advocacy, information, referrals, and crisis intervention to survivors of sexual violence. Advocates will work in a team setting and have the opportunity for growth in creation of tools and publications that support their work on the hotline/helpline.
- Prior experience serving the needs of survivors of violence.
- Understanding of intersectionality, trauma-informed, and survivor-centered service delivery models.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding callers.
- Ability to interact with callers in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with statewide agencies and resources for homeless and at-risk populations.
- Must be able to work with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working on a hotline/helpline.
- The candidate will exhibit excellent communication and crisis management skills.
- The candidate will exhibit skills in creating tools and publications.
- The candidate will exhibit skills in working in a team environment.
- The candidate will exhibit high level of communication skills.
- Willingness to spend the first six weeks of hire in training “boot camp” regardless of part time or full time status.
- Ability to speak a second language valued.
Part Time $20 per hour (DOE)
Transgender, LGB, minority and non-traditional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.